I was born and raised in Lexington, KY. I graduated from the University of Kentucky in 2012 where I earned my BS in Community Communications and Leadership Development (Agriculture Communications). I began working at UK in 2010 as a student worker in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment. I moved to STEPS in 2012 before becoming an employee in the College of Arts and Sciences this past June. I will be married a year in August to my husband Matt and we live here in Lexington. We have a 7 year-old Australian Shepherd/Border Collie named Oliver.
1. What do you do in your spare time? I spend a lot of my spare time with my dog. My husband and I also like to travel. We bought a house about a year ago, so recently I have been spending a lot of my spare time on home improvement projects.
2. Are you a cat person or a dog person (or do you like another species entirely)? I am a dog person, though I have nothing against cats. I have one dog named Oliver who thinks he is a child. I rescued him from the humane society when he was 4 weeks old. My mom likes to say that Oliver was the first grandchild. (He is only a little spoiled)
3. What is the most interesting/your favorite place you've been? Conception Island in the Bahamas. We spent a week anchored out off of Conception Island in the Bahamas. Conception Island is a protected National Land and Sea Park in the Bahamas. We went snorkeling where we saw nurse sharks and large grouper.
4. What is your favorite food? There may be a 4 way tie between spaghetti, hamburgers, brownies, and ice cream.
5. Have you ever had a brush with fame? My dad played golf with Charles Barkley in a charity golf tournament when I was little. My brother and I were fortunate enough to get to meet Barkley and a few other big name basketball players.